Herbed Standing Rib Roast Recipe
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- Assorted herbs and fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Place the onions, carrots and celery in a large roasting pan; place roast over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, for au jus, strain and discard vegetables. Pour drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. Add wine to roasting pan, stirring to remove any browned bits. Stir in drippings; heat through. Serve with roast. Garnish platter with herbs and fruit if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Standing Rib Roast(1)
Sort By :
We made this for Christmas dinner and it turned out just perfect. We did add some beef broth as there was not enough liquid from the meat. We would use this recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >