Herbed Spinach Bake
This is a special side dish my mother liked to serve at church dinners. She was recognized by family and friends as an outstanding cook. It's a pleasure to share her recipe with you. Nancy Frank, Ariel, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing
- out excess liquid. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients in a
- large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more or until
- set. Cut into squares to serve.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 131 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.