This is a special side dish my mother liked to serve at church dinners. She was recognized by family and friends as an outstanding cook. It's a pleasure to share her recipe with you. —Nancy Frank, Ariel, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Spinach Bake in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p39
Reviews for Herbed Spinach Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review