- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Spinach Bake
Sort By :
This was so easy to make and tastes great. I actually didn't have any rice so I just substituted cooked quinoa and it worked out just fine. Also, the next time I make it I will reduce or omit the salt altogether. I think that the cheddar the worchestershire sauce gives the dish plenty of salty flavor.
This was FANTASTIC! My next go with it I will be adding mushrooms.
I've been making 1/2 a recipe of this for years. I cook 1/2 cup of raw rice first , add 1 box of chopped spinach, thawed and lightly cooked, and etc. and bake in a 8x8 pan. It can be microwaved until done, but tastes better IMO in the oven. In the summer I will microwave it for 10 min on 50% or so, until the eggs are set.
The more minced onion and cheese added the better!
I used 2% milk and 2% milk cheddar cheese and brown rice and egg beaters.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >