Herbed Slow-Roasted Vegetables
I grow my own onions and this is one way I like to showcase my harvest. Thyme, oregano and rosemary create the perfect seasoning blend for the slow-roasted vegetable medley.Lisa Jane Morwald, Hamilton, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rutabaga, potatoes, carrots and onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Arrange in a single
- layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.