In Bogalusa, Louisiana, Sundra Hauck uses her slow cooker to prepare well-seasoned chicken breasts that cook up moist and tender. "My daughter, who has two young sons to keep up with, shared this with me several years ago," she relates. "I've made it repeatedly."
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review