Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken
Sort By :
"Awesome dish! We love it!"
"My 12 year old says "Best Chicken Ever!""
"This was good, but not the best. Not as flavourful as I thought it would be with all the herbs used. Added celery &carrots, as some suggested. Used bone in thighs, cooked for 4 hours (probably done in less time). The broth was good thickened with flour, served over rice. Will try again, adding more herbs. Very quick to put together, but as I said, just not as much flavour as we like."
"We enjoyed this chicken dinner. Like some other reviewers, I used smoked paprika and lifted the skin to rub the spices underneath. I chopped up the leftovers for chicken salad. I used the tasty cooking juices in place of plain chicken broth in my white bean ragout side dish."
"Did not like it. When it was in the slow cooker it smelled like cabbage cooking. Will not make it again."