Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken
In Bogalusa, Louisiana, Sundra Hauck uses her slow cooker to prepare well-seasoned chicken breasts that cook up moist and tender. "My daughter, who has two young sons to keep up with, shared this with me several years ago," she relates. "I've made it repeatedly."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over
- chicken. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on
- low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 211 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.