Herbed Sirloin Recipe
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut steak into four serving-size pieces; brown in a large skillet in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender and the meat has reached desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine the broth, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic powder; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over meat. Yield: 4 servings.
6 ounces equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.