Herbed Sirloin Recipe
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cut steak into four serving-size pieces; brown in a large skillet in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender and the meat has reached desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine the broth, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic powder; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over meat. Yield: 4 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 299 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Sirloin
"If doubling sauce double vegetables too."
"To All- This was such an easy meal to make!! The sauce was wonderful! I would definantly use it on another cut of meat. I am not a fan of Sirloin Stakes (but thats what I had in the freezer!)...they tend to be a little tough. Great recipe over all!"
"Delicious. I didn't have beef broth so used cooking Sherry instead. As another reviewer states, you may want to make more gravy (the only reason for my 4 out of 5 stars). I made the described amount of gravy, but for only 2 sirloins steaks."
"This is very tasty. My family loved it. Next time, I will probably double the gravy though."