There's no reason to head outdoors to serve up sizzling steak. One skillet's all you need to brown the meat, cook the vegetables and make the accompanying marvelous mustard sauce. With such fantastic flavor, you just may prepare steak this way no matter what time of year!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into four serving-size pieces; brown in a large skillet in
- oil for 5 minutes on each side. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until
- vegetables are tender and the meat has reached desired doneness,
- stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine the broth, mustard,
- Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic powder; stir into vegetables.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over
- meat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces equals 299 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.