Herbed Sirloin Tip Recipe
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds)
- 1. Combine seasonings; rub over entire roast. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 40-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.