Herbed Sirloin Recipe
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into four serving-size pieces; brown in a large skillet in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender and the meat has reached desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat to a platter and keep warm. Combine the broth, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and garlic powder; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over meat. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Herbed Sirloin
Sort By :
My husband thought it smelled terrific as it cooked and thought it was delicious. He didn't even need to add ketchup.