Herbed Shrimp Appetizer
As guests arrive at your garden party, encourage them to sample these marinated shrimp from our Test Kitchen. Herbs, lime juice and red peppers give them great flavor.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Nasturtiums, calendula, rosemary, dill sprigs and flat leaf parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place the
- shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag; add herb mixture. Seal bag
- and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a serving bowl. Garnish with
- flowers and herbs. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 shrimp appetizers (calculated without nasturtiums, calendula, rosemary, dill and parsley) equals 136 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.