Herbed Seafood Skewers Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Divide marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add shrimp and scallops to one bag; place vegetables in the other bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from seafood marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, scallops and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 217 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Herbed Seafood Skewers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.