- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, onion and carrot; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add
- garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add to cooked rice. Stir in parsley and dill. Transfer to a greased
- 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp; simmer, uncovered, 30 seconds.
- Add scallops; simmer 2-3 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn
- pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Drain, reserving 1 cup
- cooking liquid. Place seafood in a large bowl; stir in crab.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour
- until blended; gradually stir in cream and reserved cooking liquid.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and
- bubbly. Reduce heat. Stir in cream cheese, dill and seasonings until
- smooth. Stir into seafood mixture.
- Pour over rice mixture. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter;
- sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until golden
- brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 404 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.