- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 cubes (about 3/4-in.)
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and oil just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place a pinch of oregano in the center of each biscuit; top with a cheese cube.
- Moisten edge of dough with water and pull up over cheese, forming a pouch; pinch tightly to seal. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in milk and oregano. Mix flour and water until smooth; add to sausage mixture. Bring to boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. For each serving, spoon about 1/3 cup gravy over two biscuits. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Sausage Gravy Over Cheese Biscuits in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p14
Reviews for Herbed Sausage Gravy Over Cheese Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review