- Add 2 tablespoons wine to Dutch oven, stirring to loosen browned bits
- from pan. Pour over meat mixture. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce
- and paste, bouillon, Italian seasoning, oregano, sugar, thyme,
- marjoram, rosemary, bay leaves and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir in remaining wine; cover
- and cook 30 minutes longer. Discard bay leaves; serve sauce with
- pasta. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without pasta) equals 297 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,274 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.