Herbed Sandwich Buns Recipe
"I use the dough setting on my bread machine to make these nicely seasoned buns," relates Patty Thompson of Jefferson, Iowa. "We use them for burgers and sandwiches."
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 12 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add to bread machine pan. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 10 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 buns.
1 each: 191 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Sandwich Buns
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC