Herbed Salmon Steaks Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1. Place butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Dip salmon into butter, then coat both sides with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 478 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.