Herbed Salmon Steaks Recipe
"This is one of my husband's favorites," says Karyn Schlamp from Vanderhoof, British Columbia. "We prepare these delightful yet simple steaks with salmon that we catch ourselves."
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Place butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Dip salmon into butter, then coat both sides with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Salmon Steaks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review