Herbed Salmon Packets Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Caesar vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup salad croutons
- 1. Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; top each with a lemon slice. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with croutons.
- 2. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
1 packet equals 410 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.