I'm avid gardener, and thyme is one of my favorite things to grow. A few years ago, I even published a cookbook featuring herb tips and recipes. In this recipe, aromatic thyme really shines.—
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups tarragon vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens and vegetables of choice
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate. Serve over salad. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Salad Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p41
Reviews for Herbed Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2010
"It is very Good.maide it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil."