Herbed Rubbed Turkey
Rubs really have a way of locking in the flavor of meats. Here a wonderful blend of seasonings makes turkey extraordinary.Twila Burkholder, Middleburg, Pennsylvania
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Rub half the
- seasoning mixture in the cavity of the turkey; add the bay leaves.
- Rub remaining mixture over the turkey skin.
- Tie the drumsticks together and place turkey in a roasting pan. Roast
- using your favorite cooking method until a thermometer inserted in
- thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Cover turkey and let
- stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer