Herbed Roast Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Combine lemon juice and oil; brush under the skin. Combine the pepper, rosemary, thyme and garlic salt; rub over turkey.
- 2. Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. baking dish. Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Pour wine into the dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
5 ounces cooked turkey equals 285 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 medium-fat meat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.