- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°.With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Combine lemon juice and oil; brush under the skin. Combine the pepper, rosemary, thyme and garlic salt; rub over turkey.
- Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. baking dish. Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Pour wine into the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Roast Turkey Breast
Sort By :
I usually Brine turkey, however didn't have time and followed the recipe. OMG my family loved it! So moist and flavorful! As my husband and I were cleaning up, we couldn't stop our self's from eating more turkey, after we were stuffed! So good! The Gravy was divine! I WILL ALWAYS DO TURKEY THIS WAY!!!!
OMG! I have been following an Alton Brown recipe for at least the past 5 years. NO LONGER! THIS IS PERFECT! My Grandmother said it's the best turkey breast she's ever had.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >