Herbed Roast Chicken Recipe
- One 2-gallon resealable plastic bag
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1. In the 2-gallon resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, oil, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chives and seasonings. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Place bag in a pan. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.
- 3. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounces cooked chicken equals 433 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.