- One 2-gallon resealable plastic bag
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- In the 2-gallon resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, oil, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chives and seasonings. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Place bag in a pan. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.
- Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Roast Chicken
Sort By :
Wonderful! The chicken was so moist and tender. I think marinating it overnight worked wonders. My mother couldn't stop raving about how great it was. I also lined my roasting pan with carrots, celery and onions and placed the chicken on top of the veggies. The drippings from the chicken made the veggies outstanding as well!
This is now my favorite roasted chicken recipe! My chicken turned out moist & full of flavor. The only changes I made was I used apple juice in place of the orange juice & my chicken was only 5 lbs. It took my chicken a full 2 hours to bake. I used the little that was left over to make chicken soup. Will be making this one again soon!
Super easy and wonderful with rice!
My family really like this chicken. Easy to make too. We have it for Sunday dinner when my kids and grandkids come over.
It was very tasty but I ruined the chciken because I tried to cook until a thermometer reads 180 and never did, I had 140. So next time I will not wait 180.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >