Herbed Rice-Vermicelli Mix Recipe
This savory rice pilaf is an ideal companion to broiled chicken, beef or fish, according to Brenda Hagemann of Paola, Kansas. "It's easy to put together and stores very well," she assures.—Brenda Hagemann, Paola, Kansas
- 6 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups broken thin spaghetti (2-inch pieces)
- 7 tablespoons chicken or beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS(for each batch):
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients; divide into six batches (about 1-2/3 cups each). Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place. Yield: 6 batches(about 9-3/4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rice: Place water and butter if desired in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one batch of rice mix; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Herbed Rice-Vermicelli Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC