- 6 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups broken thin spaghetti (2-inch pieces)
- 7 tablespoons chicken or beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS(for each batch):
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- Combine the first six ingredients; divide into six batches (about 1-2/3 cups each). Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place. Yield: 6 batches(about 9-3/4 cups total).
- To prepare rice: Place water and butter if desired in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in one batch of rice mix; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
Originally published as Herbed Rice-Vermicelli Mix in Country Woman September/October 1998, p48
Reviews for Herbed Rice-Vermicelli Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review