Herbed Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (2 to 2-1/2 ounces) chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the rice, celery and onion in butter, stirring constantly, until rice is browned. Stir in the next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the pimientos if desired.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Rice Pilaf
Sort By :
A little salty and a little soggy, nxt time I'll use a little less broth. Very good tho!
I made it for a dinner and paired it with Baked Salmon and got rave reviews from all the guests.
my kids are not rice eaters, but they love this.
About to make this a second time in one week! Hubby loved it. I didn't have the soup mix so I subbed a spoonful of chicken soup base, but I bet some chicken boullion granules would work too. Didn't have pimentos either, but this was so good they were not missed!
So easy and quick! My husband had thirds of this rice. I did add a small amount of green and red pepper because my husband loves them. Next time I am leaving them out because I'm sure this doesn't need them. I served it with fish. I wouldn't hesitate to make this for company.