- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (2 to 2-1/2 ounces) chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the rice, celery and onion in butter, stirring constantly, until rice is browned. Stir in the next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the pimientos if desired.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Rice Pilaf
"For me this recipe tasted a lot like stuffing. Yum! I really liked this rice, my husband said it was just alright!"
"I prepared this recipe tonight and, wow, is this good!! I followed the recipe exactly and made no changes and we gobbled it down. Needless to say, we will be having this recipe again. Absolutely delicious and so easy I would even serve it to company it is so good. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"A little salty and a little soggy, nxt time I'll use a little less broth. Very good tho!"
"I made it for a dinner and paired it with Baked Salmon and got rave reviews from all the guests."
"my kids are not rice eaters, but they love this."