Herbed Rice Mix Recipe
For Christmas gifts, Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine fills pint-size plastic zipper bags with her savory blend. "I include the cooking directions on a holly label," she says.
- 1 package (3 pounds) long grain rice
- 2 cups dried celery flakes
- 2/3 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 3 to 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 40 batches (10 cups total).
- 2. To prepare one serving of rice: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add 1/4 cup rice mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 1 serving per batch.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Rice Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC