The pungent mixture of herbs and garlic turns this tender roast into a real treat. Our children and grandchildren look forward to feasting on it at Christmastime and other special family occasions.
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Cut 15-20 slits in the roast; insert garlic. Combine salt, pepper, basil, parsley and marjoram; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches the desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Rib Roast in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Rib Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review