Herbed Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 French-style rack of lamb (8 chops), about 1 pound
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, combine the oil, garlic, parsley, rosemary and thyme. Rub oil mixture over lamb.
- 2. Place meat side up on a rack in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 241 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.