Herbed Potatoes and Veggies Recipe
I came up with this family favorite when I needed to use up leftover baked Potatoes and extra produce from our garden. It's a great-tasting side dish. My husband requests it all the time and brags about it to company.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 2. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute potatoes and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with soup mix and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 194 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC