I came up with this family favorite when I needed to use up leftover baked Potatoes and extra produce from our garden. It's a great-tasting side dish. My husband requests it all the time and brags about it to company.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes on each side or until tender.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- In a large skillet, saute potatoes and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with soup mix and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Potatoes and Veggies in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p38
Reviews for Herbed Potatoes and Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review