Herbed Potato Wedges
I'M a widower and cook mainly for myself. This recipe is simple and I've used it many times.
Since it makes enough for two, I'll wrap half of the baked potato wedges in foil and freeze them for another time. Then I simply warm them in the toaster oven or microwave.
-R. V. Taibbi, Honolulu, Hawaii
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large unpeeled baking potato, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, basil, salt if desired
- and peppers. Brush cut sides of potato wedges with oil; dip into
- cheese mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for
- 20-25 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.