Herbed Potato Soup
This creamy potato soup is almost as easy to make as opening a can of soup—and it tastes so much better. The rosemary and thyme add just the right amount of seasoning.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, saute onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper until
- blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes with cooking liquid; heat
- through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 253 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.