Herbed Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes with cooking liquid; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Potato Soup(12)
Sort By :
This is a new family favorite! Easy for kids to get involved and yummy every time! With 5 kids I have to make this recipe X 4 and then there is just enough left for my lunch the next day.
there is nothing as inviting on a cold winter day as a steaming hot potato soup +a crisp crunchy bread to ward off the winter blahs.
We like this very well. hmmm good
Delicious. But 3 potatoes was too much. I had to add lots of milk to make it a soup-like consistency (and seasonings to match). Doesn't refrigerate well, turns into a clump. But is delicious right after cooking and I wouldn't hesitate to serve it to guests.
I was surprised. I normally dont care for potato soup, but this was good.