Herbed Potato Salad Recipe
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- 2. Add cheese, onion, pickle and peppers to potatoes. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Top with chopped egg. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 142 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Herbed Potato Salad
"Even the picky one loved it!!"
"This is extra yummy goodness! Definitely a "comfort food." It makes so much, it would be great to take to a potluck or a summer barbecue. I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used 1 tsp each of dried herbs instead. It was really good!"
"very tasty, would omit jalapeno next time just a personal taste."
"Delicious. I substituted plain yogurt for some of the mayo to lighten it up a bit. The fresh herbs really kick up the flavor!"