Herbed Potato Salad Recipe
Calcium-rich cheese, and potatoes and peppers packed with vitamin C make this picnic-and-potluck favorite something to smile about! Judy Grebetz - Racine, WI
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- 2. Add cheese, onion, pickle and peppers to potatoes. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Top with chopped egg. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 142 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC