Herbed Potato Salad Recipe
Calcium-rich cheese, and potatoes and peppers packed with vitamin C make this picnic-and-potluck favorite something to smile about! Judy Grebetz - Racine, WI
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, pickle, onion and peppers. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, basil, dill, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with chopped egg. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 142 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC