- 3 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, pickle, onion and peppers. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, basil, dill, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with chopped egg. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Even the picky one loved it!!"
"This is extra yummy goodness! Definitely a "comfort food." It makes so much, it would be great to take to a potluck or a summer barbecue. I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used 1 tsp each of dried herbs instead. It was really good!"
"very tasty, would omit jalapeno next time just a personal taste."
"Delicious. I substituted plain yogurt for some of the mayo to lighten it up a bit. The fresh herbs really kick up the flavor!"