Herbed Potato Fans
This tasty twist on baked potatoes makes mealtime feel special. Pair them with steaks or pork chops; you'll love the change of pace. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried parsley flakes, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Green onions and sour cream, optional
- With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/2-in. slices, leaving
- slices attached at the bottom. Place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Combine the oil, wine and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until tender,
- turning once. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 potato (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 291 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.