Herbed Potato Dumplings Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded uncooked potatoes
- Additional all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. Stir in potatoes. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; dust with flour.
- 2. Drop dumplings on top of simmering soup or stew of your choice. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 30 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 143 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Herbed Potato Dumplings
"For those with gluten sensitivies, I changed exchanged the bread crumbs for GF bread crumbs and used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking flour for the flour."