Herbed Potato Dumplings
I like to think of myself as a "recipe tinkerer". It's fun to take a recipe, add ingredients (like shredded potato to a traditional dumpling) and make the final result my very own. -Shawn Asiala, Boca Raton, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded uncooked potatoes
- Additional all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. Stir in potatoes.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; dust with flour.
- Drop dumplings on top of simmering soup or stew of your choice.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 30 minutes or until dumplings are
- cooked through. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 143 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.