Herbed Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef rump or chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 8 medium carrots, cut into thirds
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 cup water
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over meat. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours, basting occasionally. Add the carrots, potatoes, onion and water.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour longer or until beef and vegetables are tender. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Pot Roast
Sort By :
My family doesn't like pot roast, but this recipe is the ONLY one they will eat. We love how moist the meat is, and tasty too! Nothing better on a cold winters day than the smell (and taste) of this delicious roast.
Herbed Pot Roast. It is wonderful. Its much better when it comes out of the crock-pot. My brother loves this so much. When he comes home for the holidays I make sure I make it for him.
This is a very tasty roast. Great amount of herbs that compliment each other. This is my go to roast recipe.
I make this pot roast once every couple weeks, it is delicious and the recipe doesn't need to be changed at all.