Herbed Pork Roast
This recipe proves pork roasts don't have to be loaded with calories to be delicious. Even folks not on restricted diets will find it appealing.—Dianne Bettin, Truman, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 boneless extra-lean pork roast (about 2 pounds)
- Combine half of the parsley with the herb and seasonings. Rub over
- roast. Place in shallow pan; cover with remaining parsley. Roast,
- uncovered, at 325° for 35 minutes per pound or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°-170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without added salt) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (0 saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4