Herbed Pork Roast Recipe
This recipe proves pork roasts don't have to be loaded with calories to be delicious. Even folks not on restricted diets will find it appealing.—Dianne Bettin, Truman, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 boneless extra-lean pork roast (about 2 pounds)
- 1. Combine half of the parsley with the herb and seasonings. Rub over roast. Place in shallow pan; cover with remaining parsley. Roast, uncovered, at 325° for 35 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Herbed Pork Roast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC