Herbed Pork Roast with Onions and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown roast over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine water, broth, ketchup, garlic and seasonings; pour over roast. Add onions and bay leaf. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Add mushrooms; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with onions and mushrooms. Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 222 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Pork Roast with Onions and Mushrooms
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.