Herbed Pork Roast with Gravy Recipe
The herbs that top this roast add a flavor Father is sure to favor! Subscriber Jean Harris of Central Point, Oregon notes that it's her husband's favorite dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper, rubbed sage and dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Combine brown sugar, herbs and seasonings; rub over entire roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove roast from pan. Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup; add water to measure 2 cups. Place flour a small saucepan; stir in pan drippings until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC