Herbed Pork Roast
The herb rub and sliced onion add loads of flavor to this pork roast. I like to serve it with a side of parslied potatoes and a green salad for a well-rounded dinner. Shelia Letchworth, Versailles, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Cut roast in half. Place pork and water in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Spread butter over meat. Combine the sage, parsley, pepper, garlic,
- oregano and salt; sprinkle over meat. Top with onion. Cover and cook
- on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken
- cooking juices. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Let meat stand 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked meat with about 2 tablespoons gravy (calculated without browning sauce) equals 227 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.