Herbed Pork Roast
"A combination of dry herbs gives pork an out-of this-world flavor!" exclaims Carolyn Pope of Mason City, Iowa. "This wonderful, moist roast is a family favoriteand it makes great company fare too."
12-14 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Cover and
- refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate or freeze
- remaining pork (may be frozen for up to 3 months). Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 209 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.