Herbed Pork Roast Recipe
"A combination of dry herbs gives pork an out-of this-world flavor!" exclaims Carolyn Pope of Mason City, Iowa. "This wonderful, moist roast is a family favoriteand it makes great company fare too."
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (5 pounds)
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate or freeze remaining pork (may be frozen for up to 3 months). Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Roast in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p16
Reviews for Herbed Pork Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review