Herbed Pork Roast
My nephew from Toronto shared this recipe with me a while back. It is very flavorful, and the accompanying roasted potatoes make it a complete meal.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 14 to 16 unpeeled small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), halved
- Combine garlic and salt in a small bowl until a paste forms. Add
- parsley, paprika and oregano; mix well. Whisk in oil. Rub over
- roast. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place roast and any extra oil mixture in a roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Add potatoes to pan. Reduce
- heat to 350°; bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°-170°. Spoon drippings over potatoes.
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 268 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.