Herbed Pork Chops
Stefanie Whitlatch knew the recipe for these tasty, tender chops was a keeper the first time she tried it at home in Cody, Wyoming. “The chops turned out to be delicious, and they go with almost any kind of side dish,” she notes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine
- the remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 240 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot