My nephew from Toronto shared this recipe with me a while back. It is very flavorful, and the accompanying roasted potatoes make it a complete meal.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 14 to 16 unpeeled small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), halved
- Combine garlic and salt in a small bowl until a paste forms. Add parsley, paprika and oregano; mix well. Whisk in oil. Rub over roast. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place roast and any extra oil mixture in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Add potatoes to pan. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Spoon drippings over potatoes. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Pork Roast in Country Pork 1996, p68
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Herbed Pork and Roast Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review